Mentoring at the Way
A mentor is one who is servant-hearted, who embraces the opportunity to “feed my sheep.”
Who is the Mentoree?
- ONE WHO IS SEEKING RELATIONSHIPS…with God and others.
- ONE WHO TRUSTS…in the mentor and the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- ONE WHO IS WILLING…to sacrifice in order to grow.
- ONE WHO LISTENS…to encouragement, direction and advice.
- ONE WHO IS DETERMINED…to know Jesus Christ even better.
Who is the Mentor?
- ONE WITH DISCERNMENT…to see potential in another.
- ONE WITH PATIENCE…with the developmental process of a person.
- ONE WITH LEADERSHIP…for offering direction and advice.
- ONE WHO IS SPIRIT-LED…willing to serve others.
Types of Mentoring Opportunities
Most typically, the mentoring relationship is one-on-one time focused on sharing life and spiritual growth, with regular meetings for a period of six months or more.
Various Areas of Mentoring:
- Spiritual Growth Mentor
- Disciple New Believers
- Financial Guidance Mentor
- Discover Hope Mentor
- Family Mentoring
- Celebration Sunday Participants
- I am a professing Christian and believe in Jesus Christ as my personal Lord and Savior.
- I agree with these statements:
- I am committed to being a disciple of Jesus Christ in a way that is central to everything I do.
- I am committed to fostering life change (spiritual, mental, physical and emotional growth) through ministry and Christian community.
- I am committed to developing as a leader rooted in Christ-like character.
*The above statements have been adapted from The Way Core Values.
Mentoring is an increasingly important activity in our culture. It acts as an avenue of blessing, encouragement, discovery, guidance, growth, development and accountability.
HOW DO I START?
If you would like to be mentored or be a mentor, simply fill out the mentoring application or print off a form, fill out and return to Marcy Milburn.
Please note that if you would like to be a mentor, two personal references are required.